Saturday, February 19

Slowcooker Lasagne

I found some lasagne sheets the other day and decided to give this recipe for lasagne in a slowcooker a try. I don't seem capable of following a recipe and this was no exception - I think I only managed to use 3 of the same ingredients! As a family of 6 (5 males with endless-pit-stomachs and one female who has a separate stomach specially reserved for lasagne, pizza and hot chips) this would probably make two meals for a smaller.. or less greedy... family.

Ingredients
lasagne sheets (I think I used 12)
pasta sauce  2 x 500mL
cottage cheese 500g
vegetables (I used almost a whole celery, 5 medium carrots, 1 poor old sweet potato, 2 onions,  & a couple of cloves of garlic)
precooked lentils (probably about 3 cups, mine were still frozen)
cheddar cheese
water

Chop or process vegetables (I chucked mine in the processor) and grate cheese. Layer pasta sauce, lentils, vegetables, grated cheese, lasagne sheets (just break them to fit loosely around the crockpot shape, don't worry if they overlap) and cottage cheese spread over the lasagne sheets until close to top of the slowcooker. End the last layer with cottage cheese and sprinkle with a bit more grated cheddar. Add about 1/6 cup of water to each of the sauce jars, put lid on and shake, then pour over top of all layers. Put lid on the slowcooker and cook on Low for 8hrs or High for 4hrs.

I put a bit much water in mine so cooked it on High with the lid off for the last 30 minutes to get rid of the extra moisture. We ate almost as soon as The Man got home from work so I didn't manage to get a picture of it before it disappeared - I didn't even get all the ingredients in this dodgy shot, sorry! It smelled, looked and tasted awesome, so this is going on our regulars list. Next time I'm going to experiment with spiral or penne pasta layers instead of lasagne sheets and I might add another 250g cottage cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think!