Tuesday, May 10

Cheap Tuesdays - Swap Shop

As a kid my brothers and sisters and I watched a tv show called Swap Shop a couple of times. The idea of swapping stuff appealed to us much more than the show, so growing up we'd regularly play "Swap Shop" together. Each of us would sort through our rooms and pick out things we wanted to swap, have a look through the other kids piles for things we wanted, and then go about bartering for them. Toys got new life with their new owners and the game itself was a whole lot of fun and excitement!

I haven't played Swap Shop in many years but every few months we have a look through our stuff and pull out the things that we no longer use or want. If we know of someone in our extended families or friends that could use it we give it to them and the rest gets donated. As much of our extended family do the same kind of thing we end up having a kind of never ending Swap Shop, which still provides lots of fun and excitement and a new life for unwanted items. My kids get more excited over hand me downs from their uncles and cousins than brand new things! KaPow has been wearing these slippers every morning since they were given to him. And this is my "new" iPod, which I've been using during the walk home from school in the mornings thanks to my sister in law :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think!