Saturday, March 5

Slowcooker Lasagne II

I've found that it is very hard to get a photo of food once it is ready to eat in our house! I remembered to take these half way through, but better than nothing?

This is my Slowcooker Lasagne (vegetarian) with a trial of penne pasta this time. Took 30 minutes to get it in the pot. I also used 250g more cottage cheese and used zucchini and frozen asian greens instead of some of the carrot and celery in the processed vegetables, plus a bit more water because the penne created a higher lasagne. Still tasted awesome, although a bit more pasta bakish without the lasagne sheets. Verdict: use lasagne sheets if you have them, but if your cupboard is bare any pasta will do :)

1 comment:

  1. I have since also tried this with ricotta cheese as per the original recipe and I didn't really like it at all, so I'm sticking with cottage cheese :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think!